Unlocking the potential of all our children by:
- Rolling out 30 hours of free childcare a week for all 2-4 year olds to give all our children the best possible start in life, saving families thousands of pounds a year.
- Opening 1,000 new Sure Start centres.
- Providing free school meals for all primary school children to end the stigma and ensure no child goes hungry at school.
- Building a million genuinely affordable homes, including the biggest council housing programme in a generation;.
- Investing in our schools, fully reversing Tory cuts to give every school the funding it needs;
- Ending the public sector pay cap and introducing a Real Living Wage of at least £10 an hour to boost household income.
- Ending the benefit freeze, the two child limit and scrapping Universal Credit which is pushing families into poverty.
The Tories are failing our children. As your MP I will unlock the potential of all our children and give every child and parent the best possible start in life.
Labour will invest in a new generation of Sure Start – Sure Start Plus – providing enough funding to open a thousand new centres, creating a genuinely universal service, available in every community in the country.
Labour will provide 30 hours of free childcare a week to all 2-4 year olds, along with additional hours at subsidised rates, in graduate-led settings with a fully qualified workforce to improve child development.
Families will save as much as £5,000 a year as a result of Labour’s expansion of free early years education and childcare
It’s time for real change for our children. It’s time for a Labour MP for Blackpool North and Cleveleys.